Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Art as Worship

Over the past couple months, Janny and I have better defined our role within NieuCommunities and been able to use our talents/gifts in rich and creative ways. Here are just a couple examples:

I recently led the teaching portion of our Sunday night worship gathering that has been diving deep into the book of Acts and the story of the early church. The more I unpack my gifts and vocation, the more I realize that teaching is and will be central to my role within NieuCommunities and my ministry as a whole. Click here to get a recap of the teaching on my personal blog.

More recently, Janny had the opportunity to lead our church community into worship through her art and creativity. Hoping to wrestle with and capture how our personal story interacted with God's work within the story of our city, we each painted a portion of an art piece that made up the skyline of San Diego. It was a beautiful compilation of each of our unique God-given dreams for the city colliding into one comprehensive work of city wide redemption.

Finally, Janny and I have ALOT to be thankful for and we had the opporutnity to share and celebrate that with some neighbors that just moved into Golden Hill a couple weeks ago. We feasted on a great meal, shared some laughs and were able to hear more of their story. Pic: We didn't get a very good picture with all the people and food, but hopefully you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment